Monday, February 15, 2010

Table Manners

Tonight, I learned a thing or two about etiquette - table manners, that is.

Our "surprise" FHE activity turned out to be an etiquette dinner - one of those dealy-os in which you learn how to properly fold and use your napkin, which fork gets used for which course, which direction to pass food items (it's left to right), how to butter and eat rolls, and all of that good stuff.

This was my first-ever etiquette dinner, which made me something of the anomaly at the table where I sat. (In the Young Women program, apparently, they do this sort of thing multiple times a year, or weekly, or something like that.)


If only I had learned some of this stuff when I was 16, it might have saved me a lot of embarrassment at the dinner table over the course of the years. Well, better late than never, right?

No comments: