Thursday, February 18, 2010

Shameless Plug: Twi-lite

A shameless plug goes out today for my Improvables collegue Bryan Dayley and the musical parody Twi-lite: I Was a Teenage Vampire, in which he has one of the starring roles. It is now playing at the Desert Star Playhouse in Murray.

A group of friends and I attended a performance of this much-anticipated show earlier tonight, and we were not disappointed. It was another fantastic and entertaining evening - the kind that we've come to expect from the good folks at Desert Star.

Twi-lite has everything that women seem to want in entertainment right now: a lot of oohing and ahhing over vampires, which, of course, don't really exist.

Also, there is something having to do with a story and plot, songs, comedy, and all of that good stuff. You catch my drift, I guess. Additionally, there is a minor character who may or may not be meant to be a parody of Pee-wee Herman; either way, he had me in stitches (the good, non-appendicitis kind) whenever he spoke.

Twi-lite runs through March 13.

No comments: