Monday, February 22, 2010

Witness Protection?

Have you ever noticed that when people leave a singles ward, they always slip away so discreetly that you fear they've been the target of a mafia hit and they've entered the federal witness protection program?

No one else, huh?


Perhaps it is because I'm just not around when those conversations take place in which people announce that they're moving on to greener pastures - I'm thinking here of Michael Scott declaring bankruptcy, if you have seen that episode of "The Office" and/or know what I'm referring to - but I have been noticing a certain kind of trend when people leave my ward.

The other day, it took form in the place of my finding out that someone on my home teaching list had left our ward and started attending another about two months previously. This kind of thing is pretty typical. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there were people still on our roster who were married years ago and now have two or three kids.

I'm just sayin'.

No comments: