Monday, July 2, 2012

Day 184: The Bombs Bursting in Air

The Independence Day season is officially upon us - at least, it as far as I'm concerned, as I attended my first fireworks show of the summer at tonight's mid-singles FHE, which was held in the parking lot of the Centerville chapel where we attend Wednesday night classes.

For the third day in a row, I enjoyed good barbecued foods, including hamburgers and hot dogs, as well as the company of both old and new friends. At dusk, Richard almost single-handedly put on the fireworks show, launching off several Roman candles and such into the nighttime sky.

Also included as an activity at this event was the opportunity for people to make their own "rockets" and to shoot them into the air by way of an air pressure pump. (I think.)


I can only surmise that this is about what the North Korean government does with its own missile tests.

No comments: