Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Shameless Plug: Singin' in the Rain

A shameless plug goes out tonight for Singin' in the Rain, now playing at Rodgers Memorial Theatre, which I finally got to see earlier this evening.

My brother Ben (Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays) and my Improvables colleague Ian (Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays) share the lead role of Don Lockwood, made famous in the film by Gene Kelly. Like Mr. Kelly, both Ben and Ian actually sing and dance in the rain (sprinklers, or something, installed above the stage make this happen) and tap dance, to boot. (I haven't seen Ian do this yet, but I hope I get the chance.)


I had previously seen the movie version of Singin' in the Rain but not the musical. It is, for all intents and purposes, the same entertaining characters, script, and plot.

Be "happy again"; see Singin' in the Rain before it closes January 30.

1 comment:

Julianne said...

It such a cute show! Loved it.