Saturday, January 17, 2009

"Love Songs (with Arsenic Sauce!)"

I received a lot more feedback - all of it positive - on my last post than I expected. Thank you all for your comments, whether given online or in person.

I also had more than one person inquire about the track listing for "Love Songs (with Arsenic Sauce!)." For the curious, or those with nothing better to do, I present it here:


"Any Day Now" - Ronnie Milsap
"Barely Breathing" - Duncan Sheik
"Don't Expect Me to Be Your Friend" - Lobo
"Easy Lover" - Phil Collins
"Femme Fatale" - R.E.M.
"I'm So Sick of You" - "Weird Al" Yankovic
"I've Been in Love Before" - Cutting Crew
"Never Gonna Fall in Love Again" - Eric Carmen
"Never There" - Cake
"No More Love" - Michael McLean (Johnny Biscuit & Ron Williams)
"No Myth" - Michael Penn
"No Time" - The Guess Who
"Poison Arrow" - ABC
"Shattered Dreams" - Johnny Hates Jazz
"She's Always a Woman" - Billy Joel
"Special" - Garbage
"You Give Love a Bad Name" - Bon Jovi
"You've Got to Hide Your Love Away" - The Beatles

1 comment:

Nancy Roche said...

Some of the break-up songs I like are rather girlie. The best of them are:

"Red Rubber Ball" - Cyrcle
"So Long Dearie" - Hello Dolly
"You Will Burn" - Steeleye Span
"Walk Like a Man" - Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
"How F------ Romantic" - Magnetic Fields
"Love Hurts" - Nazareth
"I Love Onions" - Susan Christie
"Live and Let Die" - Paul McCartney
"Run for your Life" - The Beatles
"Grim Reaper of Love" - The Turtles
"Crazy Love Vol. II" - Paul Simon
"When Will I Be Loved" - Linda Ronstadt
"Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" - Elton John
"Black Freighter" - Steeleye Span ("Pirate Jenny" from the Three-penny Opera)

Add pretty much anything from the Mortal Kombat soundtrack.

I don't propone senseless violence, but there are times when it feels good to sing about it.