Monday, January 5, 2009

Mr. Abercrombie's Opus

A little "shout out" goes out today to my friend John "Pepe" Abercrombie for the recent release of his long-anticipated new CD, titled "Say It with Music: An Invitation to Linger a Little Longer."

For those who don't know him, Pepe and I have been friends since pre-school. He has been a self-proclaimed sing-a-holic for as long as I can remember, and he's been a member of the Mormon Tabernacle for the past nine years. For a couple of years, he served as one of the co-chairs of our ward's Friendshipping Committee. During that time, he would often make announcements for our monthly Linger Longers by setting the words to a well-known tune. It was always amusing to watch visitors to the ward as he sang these annoucements. The looks on their faces were pricless.

"Say It with Music" is a collection of those dittys, which Pepe recently recorded for future generations to enjoy. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I appear on one of the tracks, which the audio of our "Bulbous Bouffant" skit performed for the ward talent show a few years ago.

If you're interesting in obtaining a CD, just let me know, and I'll see that it comes your way.

No comments: