Thursday, July 15, 2010

Taking It to the Streets

Summertime is definitely the time of year to be enjoying all sorts of outdoor activities, or so I have been told.

I do not consider making my own gravy - in other words, sweating a lot - among those fun things to do. However, I have discovered one new fun thing to do this summer, and that has been the outdoor movie.

Thanks to my good friends, Adria and Julia Jensen, along with technical expertise and equipment provided by Steve Keiser, a group of friends and I have been gathering at least every other week since the beginning of June to watch favorite movies on a white screen in the Jensens' backyard.

So far, that Hollywood hit list has included Jurassic Park, The Emperor's New Groove, and the 2009 mystery/thriller Sherlock Holmes.


The latest featured outdoor movie at the Jensens' was the classic '80s sci-fi flick Back to the Future, which we watched this past Tuesday night. Unbelievably (at least to me), a few of the people who attended were watching it for the first time.

Here's looking forward to as many more flicks as we can stand, to carry us through the rest of the summer.

No comments: