Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Kartin' It with Jenna and Luke

Over the weekend, I was invited over to Dave and Jessica's house for family dinner. With my parents in California for the holiday and Ben in Texas promoting Full Circle's CD, it was nice to get together with what little family members we could put in the same room.

Whenever the members of our family get together for almost any occasion, I usually end up playing video games with the kids.

No, I'm not complaining.


I'm not too well versed in operating a Nintendo Wii (I own an Xbox 360), which is the gaming system at Dave and Jessica's. But seven-year-old Jenna and four-year-old Luke seem to know their way around it blindfolded.

A large chunk of my stay was spent playing Mario Kart, possibly the greatest video game ever created, with these two. And I didn't always win, either.

I suppose there's two ways of looking at it: (1) either my Kart skills aren't that great, or (2) Jenna and Luke are much better video gamers than they're given credit for.

I prefer to think that the latter is true.

No comments: