Monday, July 19, 2010

Christmas in July, Part II

The theme of tonight’s FHE was "Christmas in July," and I must say that it's never too early (or too late?) to do anything Christmas related, as far as I'm concerned. This also made for my second Christmas-themed happening in the past month, counting my present (video game) that arrived six months after the fact.

For tonight's event, we took part in a white elephant gift exchange as a ward. I am always fascinated by these exchanges, both by the creative and unusual gifts that people give out and by the kinds of things people set their hearts on exchanging for. We also listened to favorite Christmas carols, and Christmas lights lined the walls.

As for me, I happily walked away with a Yoshi (as in the one from all of the Mario video games) toy doll. It now sits in a prominent place in my room.


Another popular gift, which was passed around a few times, was a snowglobe featuring Brian Ryerse - which Brian swears he had nothing to do with constructing.


Methinks a little imp named Steve Keiser was involved in that.

After FHE concluded, I joined with a small group of friends in watching Joe Versus the Volcano on VHS in our foyer, which had been the white elephant gift that MaryAnne ended up with.

Good times were had by all.

No comments: