Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Millstream's Got Talent

Last night, the good people in my ward put on another great talent show for our FHE activity. I always look forward to these activities, because they often show me another side of many people's personalities. It was certainly an opportunity for our new bishopric to learn a thing or two about us.

Among the highlights were several musical numbers, either sung or played; Tina and her sister's hula dance; and Brian and Steve’s movie about, well, nothing in particular - kind of like an episode of "Seinfeld" - that was very funny.

I contributed to the evening's activities by singing in a barbershop quartet number, “Let Me Call You Sweetheart,” with Steve, Pepe, and Dave Lauritzen, as well as by offering a dramatic reading of Hanson’s “Mmmbop” that, I think, went over well with the audience. Lauren snapped a picture of it and was good enough to share it with me:


For the next talent show, when and/or whenever that may be, I'm considering a dramatic reading of the Spice Girls' "Wannabe." We'll see.

No comments: