Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Singing Backup

Earlier tonight, I added something new to my résumé: backup singer.

Don't look so shocked. I can sing - in certain arrangements, like, when I'm not singing solos.

Ben, Steve, and their friend/ex-roommate Jeff are in the process of recording a CD of songs directed at Mary Kay marketers and saleswomen, which is, apparently, a very lucrative business for some people. They are giving it their very best efforts, recording spoofs (think "Weird Al" Yankovic) as well as covers of several popular tunes to fill up this disc.

I don't know if I'm legally allowed to say what the names of the songs are at this point or much more about the content of their forthcoming CD, so I will err on the side of caution for now. What I can say is that singing backup lyrics in a recording studio - the same one where Passion Buckets recorded "The Star-Spangled Banner" a few months ago - was a lot of fun. My nieces Kylee and McKenna and my nephew Dallin, likewise, got to record backup lyrics to another one of the guys' songs.

More details will be forthcoming as the project develops, including where and how to obtain a copy of the CD.

1 comment:

Julianne said...

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to hear the CD! Keep me posted about it.