Saturday, March 13, 2010

The End of the Beginning

For the past six weeks, I have been team-teaching a beginning Improv skills workshop at Rodgers Memorial Theatre, along with my Improvables colleagues Steve and Ryan.

(Oh yeah - Steve is also, I suppose, my brother, as well.)

I can't rightly speak for the other guys, but it has definitely been an enjoyable time and an educational experience for me. As is often the case when you teach something, you end up learning as much as the students in your class, if not more. That has definitely been the case with this class.


Additionally, through the process of teaching the class, we have discovered new Improv talent and will be inviting a handful of attendees to move on and join the Improvables troupe. I am looking forward to working with them some more and to seeing their abilities continue to blossom.

Somehow, the folks at RMT continue to let us perform each Friday night and to workshop our skills each Saturday. I consider myself lucky and privileged to be a part of a very talented troupe of performers.

No comments: