Friday, June 12, 2009

The World Is Flat!

Yesterday, I came out to my car to find, to my great frustration, that it had yet another flat tire. All told, that makes four flats on three different tires during the past month alone!

A nail was pulled out of a tire twice. You'd have thought that I had been off-roading in the city dump or driving my car into hardware stores with reckless abandon, similar to the way that Lindsay Lohan is rumored to drive. But neither of those activities could be blamed for the four flats.

I do partly suspect that a lot of the debris lying on and around I-15, which is once again undergoing some major repairs and "improvements" in the Salt Lake/Davis County area, is to blame. It feels like 1997 all over again out there on the roads.

I also partly wonder whether there is an evil fairy in fairy land - perhaps an evil cousin of the Tooth Fairy or the Easter Bunny - who goes around slashing tires at night.

The good part about all of this is that I'm becoming quite adept at changing a tire, which is something I didn't really know how to do on my own until recently. I'm also singlehandedly keeping the West Bountiful Big O Tires store in business, which is really the least I can do when our economy is in a recession.

I just hope that my spare tire isn't the one to go flat next.

1 comment:

Nancy Roche said...

Funny story - driving home from SLC a couple of years ago my tire went flat in the middle of nowhere I15 so I changed to a do-nut tire which lasted approximately ten miles before it went flat as well. At that point it was time to call my daddy.