Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday Afternoon at Bear Lake

Over the weekend, my ward's annual summer superactivity was held up at Bear Lake. For the second year in a row, the Hansons were good enough to host some 60 or 70 of us (I lost count) at their cabin on the west shore (Utah side) of the lake.

I was scheduled to perform in last night's Improvables show, so I couldn't go up to join the gang at the lake until this morning. Ben was good enough to carpool with me and even offered to drive us there. As a trade-off, I bought him one of LaBeau's famous raspberry shakes, which I think is a rather fair exchange.


This activity was a great opportunity for me to finally break in my new digital camera, which I must say I am very pleased with.

The weather all the way from Bountiful to Bear Lake (and back) was less than stellar and less than summer like, but we rolled with it the best we could. Inside the cabin, there was plenty going on and good friends with whom to pass the afternoon.

Shannon helped to kick-start the karaoke singing with her rendition of "The Wind beneath My Wings" - Happy Hands Club-like actions included.


I hadn't sung karaoke for quite some time, so I of course jumped at the chance. I chimed in with Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline" and had plenty of willing backup singers to help me out.


The weather began to look a little more promising after a while, so Sis. Hanson, Ben, Chelsea Greene, Jon Farley, Sara Squire, and I went out on the lake for a little while in the Hansons' boat. Ben and Sara were brave enough to enter the frigid water for some tubing.



Meanwhile, I stayed in the boat to hoist the orange flag whenever anyone fell off of the tube. It's an important responsibility, really.


On our way back to Bountiful, we stopped in Logan for some cheese curd and chocolate milk at Gossner's, which has become a family tradition whenever anyone passes through Cache valley.

In all, it was an afternoon well spent.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

That is a horrible picture of me. And you compared my interpretive dance moves to the Happy Hands Club. Not sure how I feel about this post Jon...!

It was a nice little get-away though. On that, I agree.

Oh, and what is this about your relationship status change?! Do tell!