Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Day 304: Carving Pumpkins

One of the best parts of Halloween is carving up pumpkins into jack-o'-lanterns, and for last night's FHE, I joined with Mike, Jana, and the kids in doing just that. I am by no means a great jack-o'-lantern-carving artist, but it is nevertheless a fun activity in which to engage. The kids, above all of the rest, had a blast making their creations as we all listened to Michael Jackson's "Thriller," Rockwell's "Somebody's Watching me," and other seasonal favorites.

Jack, "the pumpkin king," posed with his and Mike's pumpkin:


Dallin showed off his two-headed creation:


And Kylee stood for a photo behind our combined pumpkin patch:


Jackson then picked up my camera and got a shot of Jana doing some carving work:


. . . and of me with my pumpkin:


With the many seeds we took out of our pumpkins, we put them into the oven and baked them. I had never tried roasted pumpkin seeds before last night, and as it turns out, they're quite delicious and taste something like popcorn.


Good times were had by all.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Which one is yours Paco?

Jonathan Plowman said...

Mine is in the middle (of the five in front) in the picture with Kylee