Friday, October 5, 2012

Day 277: Party Down! 2012

Yes, there was a presidential debate tonight, and Romney mopped the floor with Obama. But even better than that, today I had another birthday. It's one of those annual events that, you know, I'm finding keeps on happening whether I'm ready for it or not.

At any rate, family and friends were good enough to treat me very well for this occasion. Mom, Dad, and Biz treated me to a delicious lunch, while Mike, Jana, and the kids decorated the kitchen in my honor:


In what has now turned into a birthday tradition, Ben, Steve, Summer, and a handful of our mutual friends accompanied me to the Karaoke Cafe for an evening of great music and singing. Among the highlights were Ben's, Gary's, Steve's "Bust a Move," complete with some sweet dance moves of their own:


Pepe's many Beatles covers:


Steve's and Summer's duets:


and Jared's rendition of "Little Red Riding Hood":


I also sang to my heart's content but did not take photos of myself. Good times were had by all.

No comments: