Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 89: The Evolution of Rock Band

If you've been a follower of Disconcertingly Choppy from the beginning or sometime close to it, then you undoubtedly know by now that Rock Band is one of my all-time favorite video games. Well, apparently, it has now evolved.
With the release of Rock Band 3, a keyboard element has been added to the game. I had known this for some time, and I finally got to try it out when, over the past weekend, Ben and I attended our friend Jared's monthly Rock Band party at his home in the southern end of the Salt Lake valley.
The keyboard is actually a lot harder than it looks, Maybe it would have been easier to play if I had kept up with those piano lessons like my parents urged me to do when I was 12 years old, huh? Oh, how the words have come back to haunt me over time.
At any rate, it's still Rock Band, and it was still a lot of fun to join with good friends in singing and "playing" some of our favorite songs.

No comments: