Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day 84: Bellydance like an Egyptian

Ben and I were among the family members in the audience earlier this afternoon to watch our 14-year-old niece Kylee perform in her school musical, Aida, up at Fairfield Jr. High in Kaysville (Layton?).

Kylee played the role of one the Egyptian slaves and, in addition, I must say, made quite a convincing bellydancer. I don't have all that much experience watching bellydancers, and I'm a bit biased as her uncle, but there you go.

At any rate, I had previously heard the music from Aida but had never seen the show performed live, and we enjoyed the show a great deal. The kids were not perfect performers, as many of them are still finding out who they are at that age, but they obviously had fun and gave it their all. After the show, our little thespian, still in her Egyptian makeup, posed for this picture with Uncle Ben: