Thursday, November 25, 2010

Turkey Day 2010

It was another enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday for the Plowman clan today, as my parents, all of my siblings and their families, and I, as well as Adi and a couple of our good friends (namely, Bryan and Ryan, who were away from their own families for one reason or another), gathered together to eat a delicious and plentiful meal.

The candied yams - which I developed an immunity against in Peru - have, in fact, now become one of my favorite dishes. (I may, in fact, have been the only one eating them.) Jana's perfectly prepared dish of yams was very tasty:


For dinner, Grandma and Grandpa sat at one table with most of the grandkids, while the rest of us assembled at the other:



There was also plenty of good NFL football to watch on the TV, and most of the kids went sledding on the hill over at Hannah Holbrook Elementary.




We took advantage of the family gathering opportunity to celebrate Luke’s fifth birthday, which falls on Monday. Several people chipped in and bought him a rather large City of Atlantis Lego set, which kept him fascinated for the remainder of the night. He had a pretty cool-looking cake, too, which featured Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader duking it out on a soccer field:


A group of us capped the evening by playing a special holiday edition of "Celebrity," one of our favorite family games.


I am thankful to have been able to spend the day surrounded by most, if not all, of the people and things I am most grateful for.

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody.

No comments: