Friday, June 18, 2010

My Long-Lost Twin Loses on "Jeopardy!"

Apparently, I have a long-lost twin somewhere out there in America.

According to my parents, who are avid watchers of the classic game show "Jeopardy!", his name is Marty Scott, and he is a three-time champion of the program.

Earlier this week, when Marty made his first appearance on the show, they told me that one of the contestants was a dead ringer for me. I was skeptical about this bit of news, but still I tuned in to the show with them the next night and found that Marty did, indeed, look a lot like me.

Sorry about that, Marty - wherever you may be.

Over the next couple of nights, I watched as Marty completed a four-episode run on "Jeopardy!" He finished in second place on that fourth night, ending a rather impressive run on the program, during which he won more than $66,000.

I did some more research, Googling Marty's name and also learning that he had been a contestant on "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?" several years ago, when Regis Philbin was still the host, and had won an additional $250,000 in game show money.

Not bad at all. Good work, long-lost twin.

1 comment:

Kdawg the Bomb! said...

Amazing that he does look a lot like you. That is unsual.