Tuesday, October 27, 2009

FHE Halloween Partizzle

The ward Family Home Evening Committee threw a Halloween party for last night's FHE activity. They had my attention with the mere mention of the word Halloween.

We were encouraged to wear costumes, so I decided to dress up as Pacha from The Emperor's New Groove. It was not too difficult to assemble a costume, as I essentially had all of the parts already from souvenirs that I acquired in Peru.


Disney movies, in fact, seemed to be the theme of many costumes, including Pepe (Robin Hood); MaryAnne (Giselle, from Enchanted); Mike and Krissy (Mickey and Minnie Mouse, I presume); Kristy (Cruella DeVil), who ironically is a dog groomer, alongside Nadine (Miss Smarty Pants); and Eric (Captain Jack Sparrow):






There were many creative costumes among the rest, including Melissa (a cluster of grapes), Ryan (professional bowler), Mollie ('70s dancing queen), and Cecily (hunchback):



Pumpkin decorating, Bingo, and a raffle were among the many activities. One of the highlights of the party was the pie-eating contest, as you can see in the following pictures of people snarfing down:



Surprisingly, my brother Steve (dressed up as, he claims, "Mr. Rogers with a beard") was the winner.


It was the kind of the activity that got me well into the holiday mood. I am looking forward to the other Halloween-related festivities this week.

No comments: