Thursday, October 8, 2009

Shameless Plug: Evita

A shameless plug goes out today for Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical Evita, currently being performed six nights a week at your Friendly Neighborhood Theatre, Rodgers Memorial, in Centerville.

Yes, it's Evita, the incredible rags-to-riches, warts-and-all, true story of a young Argentine girl who rose up from poverty and abject squalor to become the country's first lady and spiritual leader at the young age of 26. It also recounts the tumultuous years that followed, up until her untimely death from cancer at the young age of 33.

Among the many talented cast members and RMT associates of mine who are featured in this production is my brother Ben, who plays the role of Augustín Magaldi on Monday, Thursday, and Saturday nights as well as various other characters in the ensemble.

I caught my own first glimpse of the show earlier tonight. Personally, I loved it. There are many catchy tunes that will stay in your head for some time. It was way better than Cats.

Evita runs through October 30. Tickets can be obtained by calling the RMT box office at (801) 298-1302.

If you like the show, might I suggest that you may also enjoy RMT's Friday night Improv troupe, the Improvables.

I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I agree, it is a good show!