Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Epistle Turns One

For those of you who have been keeping track at home, I made my first post on The Epistle of Jon exactly one year ago today - September 22, 2008.

Yes, it's time to break out the whistles and bells, the streamers and banners, the piƱatas, and (most importantly) the cash donations; your Friendly Neighborhood Blog is one year old.

A year ago, I held the church calling as one of my ward's Family History consultants. The idea for starting a blog came from a class discussion on starting or maintaining personal histories, and I feel that blogging has, indeed, been a great way to do this. A couple of friends who were already blogging also nudged me in the right direction. You know who you are, and I thank you for it.

Just think of all of the great times we've shared together over the course of the past year: discovering the secret of cold fusion; figuring out equations that have puzzled mathematicians for centuries; and, most importantly, bringing warmth and joy to millions upon millions of readers.

Okay, well, not exactly. The thing about blogging is that only a handful of people will ever read anything that you write. That can be both a good thing and a bad thing. But The Epistle has been a positive experience for me, and that alone, I feel, has made it worthwhile.

I have had an enjoyable time writing this blog, and I look forward to another year (and more) of doing so.

2 comments:

Jamie and Julie said...

Congratulations on one year!

Jonathan Plowman said...

Thanks, cuz.

BTW, I haven't seen too many blog posts from you lately. Are you still in the bidness?