Saturday, August 8, 2009

Shameless Plug: "More Than Air"

A shameless plug goes out today for my Improvables colleagues Grant and Michael Gibbons, who I recently discovered recorded a CD of rock/pop tunes, "More Than Air," together with their brother Guy (who is currently serving a Church mission).

If you've been to see any one of our Improvables shows at Rodgers Memorial Theatre in Centerville, then you most likely have already seen and heard a sampling of the musical talents of the Gibbons boys. Grant's piano and trumpet abilities, together with Michael's guitar-playing skills, provide an added and much-appreciated dimension to our performances.

I was at Seagull Book a couple of days ago when "More Than Air" caught my attention. The CD, it turns out, was on sale for a bargain price of $9.99. (It can also be downloaded on iTunes.) I have already listened to "More Than Air" several times, and it is full of some well-written and energetically performed music. In other words, the kind of thing I have come to expect from the Gibbons.

Oh yeah - "More Than Air" also won three Pearl Awards at last year's ceremony.

Good work, fellas, as always.

No comments: