Wednesday, May 27, 2009

When 2:30 (Tooth Hurty) Strikes . . .

Today, I am very grateful for dentists.

Memorial Day weekend is not an ideal time to get a toothache. Come to think of it, no time is a good time for anything of the sort. Alas, that is what happened to me over the holiday weekend, but I survived.

Fortunately, I have a great dentist, and he was able to squeeze me in to see him yesterday morning to have the thing looked at and fixed. After three X-ray attempts, after which I must have been glowing in the dark due to the radiation, the problem was pinpointed: I had a fractured incisor.


That's a spicy meatball!

Even as adult, I detest going to the dentist, and I will do whatever I can to avoid doing so. Thankfully, the staff at my dentist's office do their best to make it as painless an experience as possible.

Also, the nitrous oxide is always a funky experience.

1 comment:

Nancy Roche said...

The "Little Shop of Horrors" photo is inspired.