Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Free at Last!

I have some great news!

No, I did not just save a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO, though some of you probably were thinking that. With the paycheck I received today, I was able to pay off the last of my existing debts, and I am now 100 percent debt free.

The reasons why I was in debt are not important - they aren't uncommon reasons, really. Suffice me to say that they are now a thing of the past!


These words from Pres. J. Reuben Clark Jr. often caused me to lose sleep at night:

"Interest never sleeps nor sickens nor dies; it never goes to the hospital; it works on Sundays and holidays; it never takes a vacation. . . . Once in debt, interest is your companion every minute of the day and night; you cannot shun it or slip away from it; you cannot dismiss it; it yields neither to entreaties, demands, or orders; and whenever you get in its way or cross its course or fail to meet its demands, it crushes you."

No more! It's a great feeling.

3 comments:

Jamie and Julie said...

Now don't get married and have children because you will get into debt again. :D

Nancy Roche said...

Hmm. Does that mean that God is giving contradictory commandments? It seems to me that has happened before in a mildly analogous circumstance. . .
I've always liked fruit :)

Nancy Roche said...

Oh, and some hard-core congratulations are in order.