Wednesday, April 22, 2009

William Henry Who?

Yesterday, I took my car out to be washed. None of those automatic brushes and gadgets for me, thank you very much. I like to wash my car by hand.

Another reason why I like to do the washing myself is that I once drove my car into one of those automatic car washes and forgot to retract the radio antenna, which then broke off in the wash. It cost over $100 to fix it. True story!

Anyhoo, to get change for the car wash, I put a $5 bill into the change machine. In return, I was given several quarters and a few gold dollar coins. George Washington's face was on one of them. William Henry Harrison's face was on the other two.

William Henry Harrison?! Really? The U.S. president who became famous for, well, being the president for only a month?

I guess they will now put anybody's face on a piece of currency. In that case, expect to see Martin Van Buren on the new $5 bill, William Howard Taft on the $10 bill, and J. Edgar Hoover on the $20 bill.

If there were a $1 trillion bill, you and I both know that Barack Obama's face would be on it. Admit it - you were thinking the same thing.

1 comment:

Julianne said...

They are doing a series of gold collectable coins where they are featuring every President, I believe.