Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Far from Miserable

For last night's FHE, my ward went to see Les Misérables at my alma mater, Bountiful High School. Though I first heard the songs a few years ago, it was my first time seeing this musical performed live. As far as high school musicals go, it was one of the better ones I have seen.

My Improvables colleague, Kevin Johnson, stole the show - in my opinion - with his enthusiastic portrayal of the Thenardier/the priest. I already knew that this kid was talented, but I learned that he can sing, too. The actresses who portrayed Cosette, Eponine, and Fantine all have excellent singing voices, to boot. Props also go to my neighbor Alma Smoot, who was the conniving Javert.

As someone who has performed in community theater, I hope that you get the chance to see and support this show during the next two weeks (if you live in or near the Davis County area, of course).

2 comments:

Jamie and Julie said...

Jonathan where can tickets be obtained for this musical. We have a need in our family to see a musical.

Thanks!

Jonathan Plowman said...

Jamie,

You can call the school office (801-402-3900) to request tickets. They are $5 in advance or $8 at the door.