Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 170: "Seven Brides" for Two Cousins

I've mentioned before here on Disconcertingly Choppy that I do not particularly care for the musical Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Well, it's still true, but I'll save that rant for another time and another place.
Instead, I'll tell you that earlier this evening I went along with the parents, Ben and Adi, and Steve and Summer to see my cousin Scott (the mayor) and his 13-year-old daughter, Madison (one of the townspeople), perform in the aforementioned musical at a junior high auditorium - one far newer and nicer than most auditoriums I've ever been in, by the way - in Lehi. It was entertaining watching my cousins do what they enjoy doing with their spare time, which is really a thing that most of my family loves to do.
Incidentally, tonight's performance was the first time that Ben and Adi got to see another production of the musical by which they were first acquainted, as they met two summers ago while performing in a Seven Brides production in Murray.
Here's a shot of all four family members - past and present - to perform in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers:

No comments: