Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Day 157: Sleep Apnea Test

Last night, I slept in this bed, hooked up to all of these many wires:

. . . which, in turn, were hooked up to these machines:

My long-overdue sleep apnea test was not nearly as scary nor as problematic as I had feared it might be, and my first night wearing the CPAP (aka "Darth Vader") mask was surprisingly comfortable and refreshing.

Now we play the waiting game, as the doc will be analyzing the results and will be getting back to me on exactly which type of a machine I will need to be getting. Stay tuned. . . .

3 comments:

bookladydavina said...

Will say I opted for the full face mask. It's helpful if you get sinus congestion due to allergies and such, so you can breathe through your mouth until it manages to clear the nasal passages. (I have found that I have much fewer allergy problems since starting the CPAP and even less since going gluten free.) It's also helpful, I will add, in my case if your husband is one who will ask you questions after you've put the darn thing on.. very hard to talk with the type that just goes over your nose.. the air pressure balance gets skewed badly :) (something to keep in mind for the future..)

Elizabeth said...

Wow Paco. I didn't know what this looked like. Looks pretty instense. I am not sure how you got sleep, but I hope it will help!

Anna Schafer said...

Thank you so much Love your blog.. Find more information