Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 52: The Life of a Prophet

Earlier today, I completed my latest read, which was (as you can see) George Albert Smith: Kind and Caring Christian, Prophet of God, by Elder Francis M. Gibbons.


I got started reading biographies of the Latter-day prophets about a year-and-a-half ago, when I was given President Monson's (at the time) new biography for my birthday, and I enjoyed it a great deal. Since then, I've read biographies of seven of the other 15 prophets of the Restoration, and I now have eight more to go to finish this project.

Reading Pres. Smith's book was a no-brainer right now, as we are studying his teachings in church twice each month. I learned a good deal about this good man from this biography, and I look forward to finishing the next one (which, incidentally, is Heber J. Grant).

No comments: