Saturday, February 11, 2012

Day 42: Japanese Lanterns

I have many favorite moments from the past two days, but among my very favorites was the Japanese lantern launch toward the end of Ben and Adi's reception Thursday night.
Quite similar to my experience creating and launching "UFOs" (as I called them then in a Disconcertingly Choppy post) a couple of years ago, this is, I understand, a wedding tradition in Japan, where Adi's grandmother is from originally and where Ben served his mission, kind of making doing it a no-brainer for this occasion. It's a bit hard to describe, but as you can see from the photographs, it invovled lighting and sending several of them up into the air.
Great tradition, isn't it?
Almost as enjoyable as watching the lanterns float off was watching everyone's reactions to them. I particularly love this photo of Kira, Dave, and Jessica looking up at the sky, as well as the one that follows and features Luke, Jenna, and Kenna.

1 comment:

EmmaP said...

nice! If I ever get married again, that would be fun to do! They are so pretty once floating away. Thanks for sharing! (oh, and I'm finally catching up on my bloggy reads!)