Tuesday, July 12, 2011

LDSJEDI Strikes Back!

When I returned to my car after church had ended Sunday, I found the following note scrawled on a piece of paper that was on my windshield:

"Solid license plate! Good goin'!

"P.S. If you're a chick . . . here's my number."

He then, as you may have guessed, left his name and cell phone number, which I won't post here for privacy's sake. The little devil on my shoulder suggested texting him and pretending that I'm a "chick" just to mess with his head, while the little angel on my shoulder convinced me otherwise.

Sigh. Only other guys - never any females - ever comment favorably on the license plate. That's just the way it is.

My other reaction to this experience is that I can't blame the guy for trying. And I wonder if he has a sister who likes Star Wars.

2 comments:

bookladydavina said...

pretty sure I, at the very least commented favorably on your plates.. being one of the apparently few total geek gals out there (though often we feel we have to keep that to ourselves or we get hassled about it, both by other girls and by guys... it's odd, neither set seems to think we should exist properly..) don't worry though.. there are more of us out there.. we just might have slightly different areas of "geekdom" (though I did stand in line half the day for tickets to the re-release then watched it 3 times in a row on opening day, and did stand in line with a group - some in costume- for ep 1 and saw that many many times, cuz i had to, even if it was.. problematic.. and we built our own light saber handles for ep 3 and went with a few jedi for that...) just sad that most of that happened outside of my Utah time.. though you can always just blaime Marc.. he knew I was a big geek, even if it was mostly aimed at Muppets...) LOL

Jonathan Plowman said...

Well, thanks. I appreciate the thought. And, you know, all six theatrical movies are being re-released in 3D, starting with Episode I next year.