Sunday, September 12, 2010

I Know Famous People

Last night, I made another journey down to Provo to voice for both shows at ComedySportz.

Just in case you're keeping track at home, I still belong to two Improv troupes. Of course, if they were paying you the Big Bucks that they're paying me to do this, wouldn't you want to shout it from the rooftops, too?

Okay, so, the "Big Bucks" thing is a slight exaggeration. At any rate, while I was at the club last night, I finally got to meet and perform with local celebrity and original ComedySportz cast member Kirby Heyborne - star of The Singles Ward, The R.M., Saints and Soldiers, and several other movies - who was a special guest player for the evening’s second show. He is now a Los Angeles resident but is currently in town, I learned, filming yet another LDS-themed movie, due out in early 2011.

Also invited to perform on this night were two other original ComedySportz players, the very funny Maclain Nelson (star of the "Dew You?" Mountain Dew commercial that I posted here on the Epistle not too long ago) and Daryn Tufts (Kirby’s co-star in The Singles Ward and a few other local projects).


Given that it was also Patriot Day, September 11, we took some rare serious time out of both shows to honor the troops and the fallen by collectively singing our national anthem, which is something that is not done as regularly in Provo as it was done at the Sugar House club, back in the day.

Curt, Gavin, Joseph, Matt, Mike, and Will rounded out the rest of the night's cast and crew, and it was, additionally, my first time working alongside talented new accompanist Casey.


Is this post mainly to state that I know at least a few famous people?

Yes, essentially that.

1 comment:

Julianne said...

That's so awesome and a great opportunity! Must have been fun.