Monday, March 2, 2009

And the Hits Just Keep On Coming

Do you ever have one of those butter-side-down days when it feels like very little at all can go your way? Today was one of those days for me. It would have to happen on a Monday.

My day began as I accomplished the bone-headed move of catching my own foot in a door as I was closing it. There is now a big bruise on the side of my foot to mark the spot.

Work was not all that enjoyable for me, either, as I am now in the middle of the tedious process of revisiting and rewriting, and it is quite often a frustrating thing to have to do.

In the evening, I headed over to FHE at the ward house to join in on a few games of dodgeball. My team got creamed in every match I played in. As I was attempting to move out of the way of a ball that was thrown in my direction, I lost my balance and fell backward, landing awkwardly on my right wrist. I'm no doctor, but it feels like it might be sprained. I'm going to have it X-rayed to be sure.

With my mounting list of injuries - I am still doing the physical therapy thing, too, by the way - "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes" doesn't feel like a song but, instead, a list of all of the places that are sore.

Not long after I walked off of the court, my friend Gary became light headed and passed out. It seems that I was not the only one to feel the effects of dodgeball. Fortunately, the Bishop, who is a doctor by profession, was there to help Gary back onto his feet.

After my last game, I went over to the kitchen to grab a piece of pizza. Surely nothing bad could happen to me here! But, as it turns out, I was definitely in the wrong place at the wrong time. The girl I dated not all that long ago - the one who is now getting married to another guy - walked in with some urgent wedding planning business and chose to speak about it to the member of the bishopric I happened to be standing right next to.

If I ever wished to be have the ability to disappear on the spot, this was surely the time for it.

After the interesting events at FHE, I came home to put some ice on my wrist. At the moment, half of my family has caught whatever bug it is that's going around. I started to feel light headed myself and am now wondering if I'm coming down with the same thing.

Sigh. These are the days you wish your bed was already made.

2 comments:

Julianne said...

sounds like one of those days your glad when you wake up in the morning with a fresh start.

Kristen said...

Sorry you had such a crappy day. I hope the rest of your week has gone better!