Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Jury Duty!

I received quite the surprise, to say the least, when I returned home following Saturday's Improv rehearsal: I had received a summons for jury duty in the mail.

I have no idea, at the moment, what kind of trial I might be needed for. To be honest, I'm not sure how to react or what to do about it. After all, these things usually happen to other people. But, of course, I want to do my civic duty.

One of the first thoughts that occurred to me was to rent the Pauly Shore movie Jury Duty and perhaps learn something from that. Then again, it was just a thought. A stupid thought, really.

Another thought that has occurred to me is to show up at the jury selection prepared with absurd statements such as "I favor the death penalty for everything, including littering and jaywalking" and "Meesa no speaka da English" (pretending to not be able to speak Spanish got me out of more than one embarrassing situation in Peru - and that's a true story).

Whatever might happen, strange things are definitely afoot at the Circle K. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Julianne said...

I actually heard of someone that answered all the questions that they ask to make sure you are impartial wrong to get out of jury duty - including saying that he was racist!