Sunday, October 26, 2008

Saturday Afternoon at the Pumpkin Patch

Saturday afternoon, I traveled with my folks and Mike's and Dave's clans up to the Pack Pumpkin Farm in Farmington. I missed out on this little excursion when the family went last year - it's possibly going to become one of those yearly family Halloween traditions now - so I made sure to clear my schedule (which really wasn't that hard to do) and come along this time.

We were there for only about an hour, but it was enough time for the gang to see and do about everything. We all had a good time. My nieces and nephews, in particular, had a blast.

Here, Jana, Mike, and Jackson are getting ready to go look at pumpkins.


Here's Jenna and Luke in their wheelbarrow:


I love this picture of Kylee and Jackson:


Someone pointed out that Jackson's shirt made him look like Charlie Brown. So, here is our version of Jackson waiting for the Great Pumpkin on Halloween.


Meanwhile, Mom and Dad stayed behind and looked after three-week-old Kira:


After everyone had picked out their pumpkins, the kids ran through the child-size hay maze. Dallin, Kenna, and Luke were probably the most gung-ho about it.





Elsewhere, Kylee and I tried on some hats and posed with the scarecrows.


Before we left, Jackson, Kylee, and I stood for an obligatory picture behind the ghosts.


Fun times! If you're looking for something enjoyable to do this week with your kids, nieces, and/or nephews, I would highly recommend the Pack Pumpkin Farm.

1 comment:

Jamie and Julie said...

I the first picture, Jackson does look like a Cabbage Patch kid.

It looks like the bales were arranged in a maze, I'm sure that kept the kids busy.