Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day 149: Kenna's FHE Lesson

After enjoying an afternoon movie (Men in Black III) with some members of the family, I got to spend the rest of my Memorial Day with Mike's and Jana's clan, as I was a guest at their home for Family Home Evening. It had been far too long since I had attended an actual Family Home Evening rather than a singles ward- or mid-singles-sponsored event.

At any rate, McKenna gave the lesson, in which she talked about such values as: "ask first, because it might not be yours"; "think about what you do before you do it"; "it's OK to make mistakes"; and "help others when they need it."


She then asked everyone present which of these values they need the most work on. It was really an inspired lesson by my soon-to-be nine-year-old niece.

No comments: