Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 143: Daisies

Today, I brought a girl some flowers. For the first time. Ever. No, corsages for high school dances - both of the ones I went to - do not count when it comes to bringing girls flowers.
What was the special occasion? you ask? Suffice me to say that I was unkind to this female friend not that long ago, and I fortunately am able to still call her a friend after today's visit. I learned from the movie You've Got Mail that daisies are "the friendliest flower," and they seemed like a good choice. It turns out that my instincts were, surprisingly, correct.
Let's say that, perhaps, you are a girl and are reading this, perhaps asking yourself, Why won't he bring me flowers? Well, the answer is simple: Give me a reason to do so, and I just might appear on your doorstep out of the blue.

No comments: