Friday, February 25, 2011

Hit the Cat, Evil Ted!

While on my way to work today, I hit a cat. If that cat had any of its nine lives left, they were all used up in an instant.

I'm not saying it to brag or anything; I have actually been feeling somewhat guilty about it since the unfortunate incident occurred. I'm not a cat lover, per se - I'd probably rather own the world's ugliest dog than the world's nicest-looking cat - but I don't believe in going around running over random living creatures whenever I feel like it. (I feel this way about ex-girlfriends sometimes, but the feeling soon passes, and I can come back to reality and the Judeo/Christian "thou shalt not kill" ethic.)


The poor thing just ran out right in front of me, and I was going much too fast (in a 45 MPH zone) to really be able to do anything about it.

What's my point?

Well, be careful out there, people, for one. You never know when it might happen to you. Also, please double-check your meal if you visit Kentucky Fried Chicken within the next week or so.

No comments: