Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Dinner with Kenna, 2011

Tomorrow is my niece McKenna's eighth birthday, so today we met up for her annual birthday lunch and shopping trip.

Kenna chose to eat at McDonald's, which is probably what I, too, would have chosen at age eight, and she wound up with a Master Shifu toy, from the Kung Fu Panda movies, in her Happy Meal. She had me time her while she carried out some of the ninja challenges on the box, such as how long she could stand on one leg and how long she could hold her breath.

She may have cheated a little bit, but hey - it's her birthday. I wasn't about to rake her over the coals about it.

After lunch, we checked out both Toys R Us and Target in search of a birthday gift for her. She was very thorough in her search.

Here, Kenna tries her hand at the hula hoop:


You know, for kids?

She found that she was actually quite good at hula hooping, but instead she chose her own Webkins clownfish (aka the same type of fish as Nemo from Finding Nemo) and decided to name him, well, Nemo. She also walked away with a white stuffed tiger to keep Nemo company.

Upon our return to Mike and Jana's home, a rather humorous moment occurred when I sat by Kenna's three-year-old little brother Jackson, who was in the middle of eating his own lunch. He offered me one of his Doritos, and as soon as I took it from him, he held out his hand, palm upward, and demanded, "Five dollars!"

I couldn't make up this stuff if I tried.

1 comment:

Becca said...

That's hilarious. Good job, Uncle Jon!