Thursday, December 23, 2010

My Dinner with Kylee

It was my oldest niece Kylee's 13th birthday Saturday; I can't believe that the little tyke is actually a teenager!

Earlier today, I finally got around to taking her out for her birthday dinner. Her choice was the Hungry Bear, an all-you-can-eat pizza place not too far from her home in Layton. Unfortunately, when we arrived there, we were met with a handwritten sign informing us that the Hungry Bear had just gone out of business.

Notwithstanding this crushing blow to our fragile egos, we then headed to Kylee's second choice: Chick-Fil-A at the Layton Hills Mall. I had never eaten there before, thought I have been an admirer of their billboards for a number of years now. Their chicken turned out to be, indeed, quite tasty, and we enjoyed a good meal together.

After eating, we strolled around the mall and ended up stopping for some time to roll coins down into this doo-hickey (I'm not sure if it has a name), with the aid of an old friend called gravity. These things have always fascinated me:


I enjoyed my afternoon out with Kylee, and I hope that we get the chance to do it again soon.

No comments: